Its November 5th and the contributors of #Blkgrlswurld Zine are deep into writing each night this month 😀 I’m working on a few short stories, mostly in the horror genre that I’m hoping to add to the next issue of the zine. One short story is about an insomniac at a metal show who senses something terrible is following them. Will they make it out of the show alive?
If you’d like to join in the writing challenge, it often helps to begin with prompts to help get the ideas flowing, some that have worked for me include:
- How does your character deal with stress? What do they do to calm down from it?
- What did your character dream about last night?
- What point of view are you writing in?
- Is your character hiding a secret? Who would they be willing to share this secret with?
- If you spent the afternoon with your charatec would you get along?