I cannot wait to march this Saturday, Jan. 21st in NYC to stand up against the most dangerous political leadership of my generation.
There are dozens of events going down around NYC to come together in resistance and to at least let these powers know that the people will be watching them very closely, and pushing back on the things that directly hurt our communities. Below are a few events we’ve heard about:
- Women’s March NYC, Jan. 21st Saturday. People will be meeting at staggered times throughout the day so as not to exceed capacity.
- From 11am-4pm we will march from Dag Hammarskjold Plaza to Trump Tower on 5th Ave. More info
- Thursday, Jan. 19th. A protest outside Trump International Hotel in Columbus Circle planned by Michael Moore, Mark Ruffalo, and Alec Baldwin is scheduled for 6 p.m. the night before the inauguration. More info
- Also on Thursday, Jan. 19th will be an anti-fascism concert at Symphony Space on the upper west side, 96th and Broadway. Tix $30
- An extraordinary evening of artistic passion, urgent commitment, hosted by five time Grammy winner Arturo O’Farrill, this live streamed concert takes place the night before the scheduled inauguration.
- On Friday, Jan. 20 a march will take place at Foley Square at 5pm. NYC Stand Against Trump Rally and March. More Info
- Other artists and cultural institutions are also coming together for a Jan. 20 Art Strike. They feature an online schedule of anti-inauguration activities in NYC taking place at institutions like the New School, Whitney Museum of American Art and CUNY.
Let’s join together and work together to create opportunities for everyone to have a voice and improve their lives.